Seedlings – adventures for your toddlers
Our Seedlings room is designed for children who have become a bit more steady on their feet and are ready for a new challenge after the Blossoms Room.
The nursery has very strong strategies to engage with families and, as a result, they gain a good insight into children before they start. Parents are welcomed in for flexible settling-in sessions and join in with the activities in the room.
– From our Ofsted report, April 2014.
At Nurture Me, we understand that toddlers need a safe and secure environment that inspires their curiosity and promotes their independence. In our Seedlings room children are encouraged to explore their environment and to set themselves new challenges as their confidence increases and they develop their personalities.
Our practitioners understand the health and well-being benefits of fresh air and outdoor play daily, and for this reason the Seedlings have direct access to the outdoors at all times. We believe that the outdoors provides endless possibilities to develop all of a child’s senses. The seasons create many opportunities for young children to learn about the world.
The children’s speech and language is developing rapidly at this age. At Nurture Me, practitioners understand that sharing stories and rhymes promotes this type of learning. The setting encourages the use of core texts within the home rooms and favourite stories are repeated so that the children become familiar with them.
What we provide:
- Support for potty training
- Baby Wipes
- Nutritional healthy meals and snacks, prepared freshly on site
- Fresh milk
- A safe, secure and stimulating environment
- Exploration and discovery through natural resources, interactive toys and play
- Caring and experienced practitioners with a robust key person system
- Flexible settling in sessions, tailored to suit the needs of the individual child and parent
What you provide:
- Suitable spare clothing
- All weather clothing
- Sun cream and sun hat in summer, hat, coat, gloves, scarf and wellies in colder months
- Any barrier creams
- Any Calpol or other medications that your child may require whilst at nursery
To talk to a member of staff about care for your child, or to arrange to come and meet the team, please call us on 01455 698141 or email