Saplings – nurturing developing minds!
“Children are all engaged in playful activities and are active learners in their environment, which is thoughtfully laid out. Resources are all accessible to children and use of space is not restricted, meaning that children use their imaginations and creativity to explore their own games. There are excellent opportunities for daily exercise by using the free-flow from the rooms into a secure garden. ”
– From our Ofsted report, April 2014
The Saplings room has been specifically designed for inquisitive minds. It houses its own role play area, art area, quiet reading corner, construction zone and open ended resources to expand children’s imaginations. The room offers ample space for play and exploration, creative play, and quiet times. The well qualified team provide children with play opportunities to experience numbers and phonics, to investigate, create, cook, sing and develop musical expertise and express themselves through music and movement.
We concentrate on embracing individuality, celebrating the blossoming characters we have.
The children in the Saplings room enjoy free flow access to the outside environment.
We concentrate on making our Saplings confident little people before going into our Pre-School room. The children love to help out and do little jobs such as laying the table at dinner time and scraping their own plates once they have finished their meal.
We support the children as their friendships bloom. We believe in the children supporting one another and taking turns. We involve the Saplings in lots of games we can play together, forging strong friendships between them.
What we provide:
- Support with potty training
- Baby Wipes
- Nutritional healthy meals and snacks, prepared freshly on site
- Fresh milk
- A safe, secure and stimulating environment
- Exploration and discovery through natural resources, interactive toys and play
- Caring and experienced practitioners with a robust key person system
- Flexible settling in sessions, tailored to suit the needs of the individual child and parent
What you provide:
- Suitable spare clothing
- All weather clothing
- Sun cream and sun hat in summer, hat, coat, gloves, scarf and wellies in colder months
- Any barrier creams
- Any Calpol or other medications that your child may require whilst at nursery
To talk to a member of staff about nurturing care for your pre-school child please call us on 01455 698141 or email