Acorns – Nursery Care For Your Pre-School Child
Ages 3-4 years
Age ranges are a guide only, all children are unique and some will be ready to move homerooms earlier than others. Staff and parents work together to ensure a smooth transition for the children when everyone feels it is the right time.
The whole staff team actively use effective observations and assessments to contribute to the ongoing planning and children’s next steps. The planning demonstrates an excellent choice of rich, varied and imaginative activities that offer learning opportunities for all seven areas of learning. – From our Ofsted report, April 2014.
Nurture Me understands and encourages the importance of purposeful physical play throughout the day. The Pre-School room has direct access onto the nursery’s garden and runs a free-flow system for accessing outside play. During this important year before school the Acorn’s room introduce P.E sessions, not only to encourage physical health but also to practice self-care skills by getting themselves changed. The children have access to a variety of open-ended natural resources to investigate and use for imaginary play.
Nurture Me encourages our Pre-School children to become independent and free thinking individuals who will be ready for their next great challenge in life – transition to school. We ensure that the children are confident and well prepared for when the time comes. The practitioners lead this transition with care and sensitivity, introducing the children to their new schools, with visits from teachers and induction visits to the local feeder schools.
What we provide:
- Fresh whole milk
- Nutritional healthy meals and snacks, prepared freshly on site
- A safe, secure and stimulating environment
- Exploration and discovery through natural resources, interactive toys and play
- Caring and experienced practitioners with a robust key person system
- Flexible settling in sessions, tailored to suit the needs of the individual child and parent
What you provide:
- Suitable spare clothing
- All weather clothing
- Sun cream and sun hat in summer, hat, coat, gloves, scarf and wellies in colder months
- Any Calpol or other medications that your child may require whilst at nursery
To talk to a member of staff about nurturing care for your pre-school child please call us on 01455 698141 or email